INSTAGRAM @CHRISTENCHANTALLE

ONE SARONG MULTIPLE WAYS



Spring break is right around the corner and we all know this is the time that we are all stressing not to overpack for our little get away, especially if we are going for a beach vacation.

On my last post I have told you about how I made my favorite scarf in to a turban. Well that got me thinking what else I can make, but this time instead of a scarf I decided to convert a sarong in to a couple of throw-on beach wear and essentials when needed. This is a simple way to save space by using one piece for multiple purposes.

Starting off with my most favorite piece: ”the Romper”, I have discovered that I can make a romper out of the piece this sarong without having to use a sowing machine! Yay me! This is perfect if you don’t want to bring too much to the beach and is an easy piece to trough on and go without having to think of what you are going to wear to the beach. 

Step 1:
Hold the sarong in front of you and fold the top so you can see the tassel details (if not, you can skip this part.) Make a knot in the back and your ready for the next step


Step 2: 
Pass the front bottom loose ends between your legs to the back and bring them to the front above your waist and tie a knot.

Step 3:
Thuck in the access pieces in the back, otherwise you will have a hammer like romper (if that is what you prefer than leave the access hanging)


Tada! You’ve got yourself a romper! Isn’t it cool? I love it!
Complete this look by adding your beach appropriate accessories.  


Next I will share 3 dresses which you can wear in the morning while exploring the Island or in the afternoon for a stroll down town.


Step 1:
Fold a small section of the sarong upwards and tie a knot behind your back


Step 2:
Tie also a knot on the lower part of the sarong.

First dress is done!

 If you want a shorter dress fold a larger section upwards and tie a knot to the side for a different look.
Second dress!

For the final dress, instead of tying the sarong behind your back, tie one section behind your neck. This will create a drape effect for the top section.



Next: fold a section upwards as high as you want, and tie a knot above your waist.

The final look of the third dresses. 



Next to the beach wear that I have shown you, the sarong can additionally be used as:
  • a normal scarf/blanked to keep you warm on the flight to your beach vacation
  • a blanked to lay on, on the beach
  • a long skirt 
And so on. 

I hope that you have enjoyed this post and that it will be useful for your next Island vacation.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *