INSTAGRAM @CHRISTENCHANTALLE

AWARE




Hi guys! So many of you know I have been super duper busy organizing a non-profit event to create AWAREness on keeping our Island clean(er). Even-though it is pretty off topic to what I normally post on the blog, I just wanted to share something about it before we move further to beauty, fashion or lifestyle posts. 

So at the beginning of December my colleague and I were brainstorming about how to realize a clean up event that is both fun and attractive for the youth between the ages of 12-25. As we all know youths are a very difficult target in this case to convince to attend a clean up event, cause clean-ups are the last thing on their list. But my colleague and I did not let this stop us! After debating for some time, it got me thinking. Why not combine a clean up event with a party, after all who doesn't love a free party? So from then on we started looking at the possibilities for combining a clean up by day with a party at night.  To make this story short and sweet, It was a great success! After all the hard work, sweat and tears I am proud to say that AWARE is a fact and my team and I are super proud of everyone that had participated or some how has contributed to this event. We had over 250 youths (which is one third of the youth on Bonaire) who participated and they collected over 3,5 tons of waste in less then two hours with the main focus on litter!  I must say, my goal with this event was for them to realize how much litter there really is on our Island and that we all have to help to make a difference. Their reaction was priceless! And for all their hard work they got a free ticket to the AWARE party that night which was also a big success! 


For more details you can see the video result here.  

Comments

Popular Posts

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *