INSTAGRAM @CHRISTENCHANTALLE

MERCEDES-BENZ FASHION WEEK AMSTERDAM | CARIBBEAN FASHION SPOT

From the moment that we started planning our summer vacation trip to Europe I already knew that the FashionWeek Nederland was going to be held somewhere in the same period to our visit. So when they posted their program the one thing that stood out too me next to the other amazing line- ups was the Caribbean Fashion Spot (who are taking part of this event for the first time).  As a Caribbean girl myself I wanted to see what the designers had to offer. So I immediately approached the PR of the Caribbean Fashion Spot to see If there was any possibility for me too attend this event. For my surprise while sitting in Paris with the boyfriend eating dinner after experiencing the chaotic Paris Couture Fashion Week I’ve received an unexpected mail from the PR with my invitation! That was truly the icing on the cake for that day! 

Upon arriving at the location were the show was being held, we were surrounded by Mercedes- Benz cars arriving with vips for the Mercedes- Benz Fashion Week events. Walking up to the patio with the sun in our favor we’ve had a little refreshment (here) before entering the show. While entering the “building” my boyfriend told me that we were actually inside of a very old and big water tank, which was really impressive to see how they have transformed the inside and used it to organize events such as this one.

The designers that were ready to show their work were the following:
Atelier Doré
CLD-Charu Lochan Dass
Gigliola Designs 
Heather Jones International 
Ms. Ray 

I will narrow down my favorite pieces from the designers 

Atelier Doré
Atelier Doré is a jewelry brand from Suriname which presented some unique pieces. Each one had their own identity.









CLD- Charu Lochan Dass from Trinidad & Tobago
CLD had in my opinion one of the greatest designs. Her black and white designs were right up my ally. 





 My fave!




Gigliola Designs from Aruba 
Each of Gigliola's designs had a big or a little flower detail that identifies her designs. 




Heather Jones International also from Trinidad & Tobago
Her designs had some bold colors but also a lot of whites, which I really appreciated 









Ms. Ray from The Netherlands
Her design was sparkly! 



It was a pleasure to be part of the first Caribbean Fashion Spot at Mercedes-Benz FashionWeek Amsterdam. I want to thank Caribbean Fashion Spot for inviting me. For more pictures or video of during the event click here and here.

Comments

Popular Posts

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *