INSTAGRAM @CHRISTENCHANTALLE

SHARING SOME OF MY BLOGGING "ACCOMPLISHMENTS"


So here am I, back from a long break.
The problem is the break took longer then I had anticipated, cause first of all I wasn’t seeking for a break but for one or no reason it just happend. Okay, wel let me be honest I think that I was a little scared and got caught up with my own thoughts that the next blogpost would be my 100th post. I literally have done it a hundred times and had no reason to stress myself, but to reach that amount of blogpost for me meant that I needed to bring out something special. Five weeks had passed and still no post! I started feeling a slight guilt, because I’ve worked so hard to maintain my blog as consistent as possible and for just a number (the number 100) I freaked out and avoided to post something because YES, it needed to be special. But what does the word special really mean? For me posting a “regular” post is already special, maybe for you too but yet, I stressed myself out. I think if I had just continued to post to my regular schedule no one would had even realized that it was my 100th post, but me. So after some thinking and actually avoiding my blog, I came to realize that the “special” post that I was “supposed” to post 5 weeks ago was actually right in front of me.

So today I will be sharing some of my “accomplishments” with you throughout my blogging “career”, this would be a great way to celebrate my 100th post and my 2nd year for my blog (it was actually on the 1st of September). 

The first time that I have been featured on an Instagram account was a O-M-G moment for me.
I was shooting some pictures for my blog in Curacao and saw that I was standing on some antique tiles and I grabbed my phone and took one snap with it and walked away. Not thinking too much of the picture and continued shooting the outfit. A couple of days later I posted the picture and BAM! within a week I saw that I was tagged in a picture on TOM’S Instagram! I screamed of joy and shared it with everyone around me. From that moment I knew a girl from a small Island like Bonaire could be recognized by posting just the right picture and so I was featured on a couple of other platforms. 


I was walking in IKEA in Miami, and then I've got a Facebook message telling me that they've saw my face on the Forever21 website. WAIT WHAT?! Yes that was exactly what was going trough my head. Like are you kidding me? My face is on the WEBSITE of Forever21?,pinch me please! I went straight to their website and scrolled on the #F21xme page on their website, and BOOM! There I was just posing and looking away! It was one of my most exciting moments ever! (I'm also featured on their Pinterest)

I have been following The Platform on youtube for quite some time. Then I got a personal message from them where they wanted to share a picture of me and a little story describing my style. Babe of the Week?! Yes please! 


Steve Madden has always been my go to shoes store when I am looking for a cute and trendy pair of shoes without needing to brake the bank. When I saw these babies that I am wearing in the picture I wanted to buy them immediately! It was love at first sight. And when I saw that STEVE MADDEN had tagged me in a picture I freaked out! They shared this fun picture of me that I took in Aruba. 

So now I can finally say that one of my many goals of this year has been achieved! I had Go-Weekly on my goal list at the beginning of the year. It is a weekly magazine on Curacao and is slowly expanding to distribute their magazine on Bonaire also. When I got contacted by them I jumped of excitement. Seeing one of my goals being realized was quite a joy!

So these were a few of my blogging accomplishments that really stood out for me this year. Maybe by the end of the year I could share some more. 

Comments

Popular Posts

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *