INSTAGRAM @CHRISTENCHANTALLE

ARUBA FASHION WEEK | part one


Hi guys! We have so much catching up to do. Let me start by saying that the pictures that I have taken in Colombia will be uploaded on a later note. This week I will dedicate my blogposts to the Aruba Fashion Week by sharing all of my #ArubaFashionWeek experience. 

How can I start?! My plane landed in Aruba last Thursday and I was super excited to experience the 1st edition of the Aruba Fashion Week. Before that, I was really unsure where I should get my passes to attend the shows. After some calls and all I was assured that my name would be on the list. So I was pumped to attend the 1st event that was held at the Ritz-Carlton. It was an invitation only event so not every one could attend the first night. To be honest, I though that it was going to be a meet and greet where everyone would mingle and network. Little that I know it was the actual opening of the Aruba Fashion Week with designer Silvia Tcherassi. I did not bring my camera to capture her amazing creation but I did film a short runway overview were you can see her work (see it here). The models walked down the "pasarela" (runway) like they called it, accompanied by the most exquisite melodies inspired by Gabriel García Márquez. I love how her collection embodies timeless and elegance with a touch of modern and trendy. Super chic and sophisticated which I love. After her show there was the opening party which was held at AZIA where socialites, press, designers and different people from different industry got the chance to connect.

I had the honor of meeting designer Custo, his wife Eva and their PR. They were so down to earth and friendly and we talked all night. Unfortunately I did not take a picture with them but at that moment I just wanted to enjoy this intimate and unique experience. We talked from how they started their brand to where they are now and much more. We even talked about the beautiful Island Bonaire where I am from. They were pleasantly surprised to hear all about my Island and kept on asking questions. 

The following morning there was a Fashion Talk which was held at the Marriott hotel. They welcomed us with all types of food and beverages. The Fashion Talk was one were a couple of designer, make up artist, bloggers and so on were on the panel to answer some questions. It was really interesting to experience since it was the first time attending one of these events. What was remarkable to see is that the event was held in Spanish, since their main focus was on the Latin American market. For me it was pretty okay to follow since my Spanish is not that perfect, but they were talking about the fashion industry so I could follow 80% of the talks. 

Here there is a couple of pictures of the once who where on the panel.
From left to right:
Sportswear designer Alice Matos (La bella mafia)
Make-up Artis and representative of Penha Aruba
Fashion designer Custo (Custo Barcelona)

From left to right:
Colombian Fashion Blogger
Local artist Elisa Lejuez
Aura Hernandez PR of different luxury brands in Venezuela
Make-up Artist and representative of Estee Lauder

From left to right: 
Venezuelian Fashion Blogger
Local Artist (and fashionista!)
Dutch Fashion designer Mirte Engelhard



  

Comments

  1. Very cool that you attended Aruba's first fashion week! I wish I was able to experience it as well, but I'm not flying to Curacao till this Thursday.

    x
    closetfullofdreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great experience for sure! Such a pitty that you couldn't have made it. Maybe next year! 😁

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *