INSTAGRAM @CHRISTENCHANTALLE

ARUBA FASHION WEEK | part two

I want to apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures that are in this post. Since I normally have my boyfriend (in this case fiancé) or sister with me who usually takes all of the pictures for my blog when there is an event or so and this time I was all by myself for the very first time, I needed to figure out a way to make it happen. Next to networking this time I needed to take my own pictures. And truly it was a challange, cause the only good pictures that I can take is with my iPhone and that's about it. This time I needed to find my angles and do my best to take some pictures. But  I will promise that the second post will have better ones. 

The Aruba Fashion Week was held at the Renaissance Convention Center and for me it was the first time being in this venue. They arranged the seatings as a theater style which was pretty convenient. I was assigned to the second rowed and was super excited for that. 

The designers that presented their pieces the first night out of the 3 nights event were:
Agua Bendita (Beachwear)
NMZ (Ready-to-Wear)
Elisa Lejeuz (Resort wear)
Perla Negra (Beachwear)
Olga Bolanos (Elegant)
Liliana Avila (Handbags)
Viviana Gabeiras (Women's wear)
La Bella Mafia (Sports wear)
BoraLaMar (Beachwear)

Here I will narrow down my favorite pieces that were showcased that Friday. 

The show was opened with the brand that I was looking forward to see. The week before I was in Colombia and had discovered the beachwear brand Agua Bendita and I was blown away by their designs and the only thing that was going on in my mind at their store was "Take my money! I want one of each!" So when I discovered that they were opening the show on Friday I was just overwhelmed of excitement. Off course I wanted all their pieces! Not only that I was also dressed for the occasion. Knowing that this brand was going to showcase their collection I knew exactly that I wanted to incorporate one of their pieces in the look that I was wearing on this day. So I did and after the show the designers recognized their piece on me and we had a chat and of course a picture! 






The second designer was NMZ which was the first time that I have heard from this brand. Their pieces were great, very modern and everyone could easily wear it which is super convenient. The collection was one were you can wear to your work or to an event. 

 The hair!

The third designer was a local artist which for the first time created her own resort line, Elisa Lejeuz. She is a painter who normally paints on canvas, but recently started to expend that into wearable pieces. She started with some scarfs and now she is showcasing her very first wearable collection and I LOVED it! Mainly because her designs has different types of patterns and colors, and if you know me you know I LOVE these type of elements. 

Fourth designer Perla Negra

I love that the fifth designer Olga Bolanos had different types of elegant clothing, from white and delicate to colorful and bold. These were my faves!


Liliana Avila sixth designer
The thing that stood out to me the most about this presentation is that the models rolled down the runway! 



The thing that caught my eye the moment the first model of the seventh designer Viviana Gabeiras walked out, was that the collection was definitely inspired by the 70's meet modern. I would easily find myself wearing some of her pieces. 







La Bella Mafia eighth designer.
Lets start with Alice the designer of this brand. Normally the designer is being presented to the audience at the end of the presentation of their collection. But Alice decided otherwise. She opened and closed the show which was pretty cool to see. At the talk show she shared that she wanted to create something that a women can wear to work, school, lunch meeting e. and then easily walk in to the gym and work out, without having to worry so much about changing clothes. Making things efficient. 







 BoraLaMar ninth designer. 
 





Comments

Popular Posts

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *