INSTAGRAM @CHRISTENCHANTALLE

COLOMBIA 2016

REWIND! Let me take you back to 4-5 weeks ago. We landed in Colombia on Saturday the 19th of November and to be totally honest I didn't have high expectation of this place. Because growing up you only heard negative things about Colombia so I had my prejudgment about this place. Little that I know, that I would leave Colombia with a totally different point of view!

The first two days we stayed at a finca on top of a mountain in Rionegro which was absolutely breathtaking! The scenery together with the green environment had me totally mesmerized. Walking outside feeling the fresh breeze dancing trough my hair and hearing the exotic birds hum was such a magical feeling. I imagine heaven to be like this.

Sunday we went for a drive to get to know the place. We've visited old neighborhoods, stopped at the side of the road to grab some roasted corn and then as dessert we had "fresa con crema"(strawberry with cream). 


Later that day we went horse back riding which was super fun! Okay I have to admit when I was 5-6 years old I was supper into riding horses and did it every week. Now that I am 26 years old I always get terrified when I have to get on a horse. First of all they are big and high. Second they can be wild and I am always scared to death if they get a little frisky cause I hate the thought of having to be on a rising horse! After a while I eventually got used to the horse and we went for our walk. The other horses were running up the hill, but mine was going on a chill phase, with no rush in the world and I was totally fine with it. Upon arriving we were greeted by the sunset and a view over the Rionegro airport. And of course my fiance was in his zone. 

Monday afternoon we moved from the finca and went to stay the remaining days in Medellin / El Poblado. It’s about a 45min drive through the mountains to get to Medellin from Rionegro. Which was an experience itself. While driving down the mountain edge into Medellin you will arrive at this amazing viewing point where you will see the whole city. It was a spectacular view.   

On Tuesday we went to El Pe
ñol and Guatapé. First we went to El Peñol which is a gigantic rock/stone that is randomly standing 5 minutes away from the town of Guatapé.  We climbed the 740 steps which was exhausting but totally worth it! After all, we've got engaged on top of this rock! 

Later on we stepped in the car and drove to Guatapé, which is a small village with rainbow colored buildings. It was high on my must visit list. As you know I am obsessed with colors so this place was a must! We walked around the town and were surrounded by the beautiful colors and scenery. In every alley you could see different types of color combination of the buildings. 

Wednesday we woke up at 4 am to get to the airport cause we were leaving to Cartagena! After seeing pictures and hearing stories I wanted to go badly! So we've decided to do a day trip. The only down side was waking up extremely early to head to the airport. But we stayed in Cartagena till 11pm, so we literally had a whole day. We went on a hop-on- hop- off bus which drove us around the city. After the bus tour we went to the "Ciudad Amurallada" The Walled City. I was seriously blown away by the historic architecture and romantic ambiance accompanied by live music. I highly recommend anyone to go there. It's totally worth it. One side note it is super HOT! 


The rest of the days we took it mostly easy. We went to the malls, nightlife areas, Parque Explora and drove around the neighborhood of Pablo Escobar etc. The one thing we missed out on was catching a metro cable ride to parque Arvi.
And yes I celebrated my 26th in Colombia. 

I left Medellin with a totally different point of view. I actually loved it, especially for it's beautiful nature and nice and passionate people's.

Comments

Popular Posts

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *