INSTAGRAM @CHRISTENCHANTALLE

POLAROIDS from the coast of ITALY

Since it's February and I know that the summer days are slowly but surely approaching, I thought it would be fun to share some of my Italy pictures/ polaroids and tips if you are in the market for visiting Italy, specifically Capri, Positano and Amalfi Coast.

First of all let me start by telling you that this was one of my favorite destinations and I love Italy so much! They have great people, fantastic food and even better some breathtaking views and scenery!

Capri


This Island is pure! You can get there by traveling from Napoli with a ferry. It takes +/- 60 to 80 minutes. Once there, you will find yourself to be in awe with a taste of European Islands together with Havana touches. I haven't been to Havana yet, but Capri's funky vintage taxis reminded me of Havana. Which is refreshing if you are used to normal or yellow cabs.  

On to the good stuff. Capri is known for it's luxury shopping and boy there was enough places to choose from. You had Prada, Miu Miu, Dolce & Gabbana, Gucci, Chanel and so on. It was nice to walk in the streets of Capri, people watching and of course go in and out of the stores (even though we didn't get anything specific).  

The activities that I enjoyed the most was walking down the hill to the restaurant 'La Fontelina' which was delicious and they are also known for their beach were you could find the popular beach umbrellas. Another activity that I had enjoyed was renting a boat and sailing around the island to the iconic Faraglioni.



Positano

From Capri we took a ferry to Positano. This gem is one of my favorite places on earth! I loved everything about it, especially the scenery. Breathtaking! We traveled from Capri to Positano by Ferry. This was a pretty hilarious story actually. Since we did not plan anything upfront for our travels to Italy we just went from one place to the other and just decided as we go. When we decided to go to Positano we had like 20 minutes to get from where we were staying to the dock and in between finding a taxi to take us to the dock and then buying a ticket to jump on the ferry. Imagine me carrying my big ass suitcase up and down the hill (cause Capri has some up and down hills) and trying to run at the exact same time. Well I can assure you I was cursing in every language. We found our taxi and made it just in time to buy a ticket and we ran to catch our ferry. Which we almost missed. Anyways it was well worth it.

As soon as we were approaching Positano all my Instagram desires came to life. When you see pictures online it makes you want to jump in to the picture (only if that was possible). Thank god you can actually travel which will make your dreams come to reality, and that is exactly what I felt. Being there and being able to experience everything for myself.

One of the things that stood out to us was the fact that mostly every thing you do you do by foot. Cause it is kind of a pyramid and you will need to go up and down by stairs. The only time that you can use a car is by going up.


Amalfi Coast

One of the days while in Positano we decided to have a driver take us through the Amalfi Coast. It was a magical experience. First we stoped at Atrani which is the smallest village in that area. Then we went to Ravello which had a cynic view. After that we drove back to the iconic Amalfi Coast. Such a great place!

What is your favorite travel destination?
Check out my instagram@christenchantalle to see what's mine.






Comments

  1. NICE NICE POST!

    www.tintostylebycarolina.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your polaroid photo results are very good and very unique. Thank you for sharing your vacation experiences and knowledge. theapartmentsubud.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

CONTACT

Name

Email *

Message *